Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays



MizB of Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event

Here are the rules:

* Grab your current read

* Let the book fall open to a random page

* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12 (which I've modified to 2-4 sentences)

*You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

* Please avoid spoilers!


This week's teaser is:



" He turns his head to look at me when I sit on the edge of his bed, but I don't know if it's just his brain stem telling him to turn toward the source of noise or a conscious decision to look at me. I decide it doesn't matter."

- "Thank You For All Things" by Sandra Kring, page 123

4 comments:

Luanne said...

Good teaser - and I really like this cover!

adam49 said...

- He interrupted himself to point out a distant gap in a range of mountains to the west, which has just come into view over a rise. "That gap is sixty or maybe seventy miles across. For a long time nobody could understand why that gap was there, and then Bob Christiansen realized that it had to be because the mountains were just blown away. When you've got sixty miles of mountains just obliterated, you know you're dealing with something very potent. It took Christiansen six years to figure it all out"

A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about the book you're reading, but it sounds like the speaker (in this excerpt) is resigned to sad circumstances.

My teaser is here, also a bit sad ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you enjoy *Family Planning*. It was quirky ... an interesting read!

My Friday Finds for this week are here.