Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts the Teaser Tuesdays weekly event


Here are the rules:

* Grab your current read

* Let the book fall open to a random page

* Share with us (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12 (which I've modified to 2-4 sentences)

* You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the "teaser" you've given!

* Please avoid spoilers!


This week's teaser is:



"In the rising heat of my deepening chagrin I returned to my isolation. All I had to rely on was the knowledge of Islam my parents had passed on to me."


- "In The Land of Invisible Women" by Qanta A. Ahmed, M.D., page 160

1 comment:

Sandee61 said...

Sorry I know its Friday, but adding my "teasers". I so want to read the book you got your teasers from. It looks like a great read!
Heres mine:

There would be bamboo floors, granite counters, tumbled marble tile in the kitchen with hand-rubbed oversized cabinets. He had done all the work while I was in the hospital, while I was waiting for toxic chemicals to drip into my veins, while I was throwing up, while I was asleep.

The Last Beach Bungalow - Jennie Nash (pg.69)

Sandy

Muzzley56[at]aol[dot]com